Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Jungle Gym -my garden

Being outdoors...
betterinrecovery

Re: Jungle Gym -my garden

Postby betterinrecovery » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:26 am

Dear Chris and all reading this post, Hello! :D
just to say that I managed to spend some time 'just sitting' yesterday. and the day before.

I was bothered that the plants were getting dry and I was bothered that I needed to re pot some tomato plants, but still I 'just sat'
and it was very nice to just do that.

The just sitting was very good.
B :)

christabel

Postby christabel » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:50 pm

Hi b

Keep up the just sitting. Appreciate what you have accomplished and enjoy the beauty of nature.

Phone and internet been down for a while so just trying to catch up.

Amazing how much stuff builds up to wade through.

Will write more soon. Chris x

betterinrecovery

Postby betterinrecovery » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:34 am

Dear Chris,
the good news is that I have a table and chair in the garden. I leave it there and I find I am sitting out more.
It is quite shady there. Yesterday I managed to sit still and listen to a talking book, I stayed out until dusk - so about 9pm listening to 'spilling the beans' by Clarisa Dickson-Wright. What a story! What a survivor!
I shall miss all the sun when the weather changes again. I am from the tropics so, sunshine must be default setting.
The change of medication has driven me to distraction, so I am so glad to get a bit of respite.
with best wishes
B

christabel

Postby christabel » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:32 pm

Hi b
Your message could not have come at a better time. Have not been too good and isn't it strange how we can feel lonely and isolated when there are people about.

We invested in a garden seat also so now we can pop out for a sit anytime of day usually when it is shaded or a bit cooler.
I will look for that book, sounds good, after I've finished the novel I started last night.

How's your garden doing? We have rain today thankfully but I don't like the thunder storms as it upsets daughters dog terribly. She slides the wardrobe door open and climbs in shaking.

Glad you are having a bit of respite. A few good days feels marvellous. Hope you keep it up. :)
Take care. Xxx Chris

teamn

Postby teamn » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:33 am

Literally just got into a bit of disagreement with my mate about the fact that I told her I feel lonely., she did not respond to my statement abd started talking about something else. I asked her why she didn't respond, as it's been happening with not just her but others,and asked her if I'm not explaining my feeling well.

She says yes, but felt as she's anxious herself she can't make promises to come visit, I said I bever asked that, I just answered your question of how has my week. Even.

Then I end up apologising for making her feel bad, how that's work..it works coz I love her, I'm just so pissed off with once again feeling like others feelings are more important. I can't be arsed o explain myself to anyone. f them.. I'll be lonely and keep it to myself ..

I do hope your good.

I just read few responded you given to others, you are a warm loving happy positive person, hope today is a good day

Sorry for rant :D

betterinrecovery

Postby betterinrecovery » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:46 pm

Dear Teamn,

just a short-ish answer for now-
totally agree with you that is possible to feel deeply, deeply lonely, even when with our nearest and dearest and our best friends.

lonliness is a difficult thing, I know people who are fine in their own company for long periods of time, I'm not. My lonliness manifests like a physical pain or heart-break even.
It makes me say and do things I wouldn't normally do, if I didn't feel this way: I wonder if this is the kind of experience you are describing?
more later
B

betterinrecovery

Postby betterinrecovery » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:51 pm

Dear Chris,
hope you are reasonably well and that you are enjoying your novel.
Spilling the beans is worth reading -
that lady is brave and she is honest.
she had a privileged up bringing marred by the most abusive father - an eminent surgeon who regularly hit her and her mother. She survived his cruelty though.
I am sorry that she is no longer with us.
I would love to just sit and listen to her over a meal,
an amazing lady.
very best wishes
B

teamn

Postby teamn » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:59 pm

Lol,

I laug at your shortish response. Thankyou :D

I never really thought deeply about how the feeling feels, but yes I guess it is like a breakup, feeling low and alone, maybe with that perspective on it I can use same tactics I would use if i had broken up with someone

betterinrecovery wrote:Dear Teamn,

just a short-ish answer for now-
totally agree with you that is possible to feel deeply, deeply lonely, even when with our nearest and dearest and our best friends.

lonliness is a difficult thing, I know people who are fine in their own company for long periods of time, I'm not. My lonliness manifests like a physical pain or heart-break even.
It makes me say and do things I wouldn't normally do, if I didn't feel this way: I wonder if this is the kind of experience you are describing?
more later
B

betterinrecovery

Postby betterinrecovery » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:01 am

Dear Teamn,
It has been a few days,
I hope things are reasonably well with you.

Funnily enough, it was the ending of a friendship that initially brought me to the SANE forum. I had depended on a dear friend for a while to support me and I in turn supported her - but unfortunately it became a bit stifling - never good.

So thinking a lot about heart ache and friendships.
Now thinking more about what I can bring and give to a friendship.
I am aware of when I am in deep emotional pain and I am aware that I can find ways to soothe away the pain without having to lean heavily on others. I am aware - but I am not there yet.

When I feel traumatised, I am finding that mindful activities like knitting are very helpful.
Eating cake means I feel better - but that's just a temporary fix and going down that course of action leads to feelings of guilt so not such a good idea,

so, that's me - I have to say mindfulness meditations - being aware of the pain and letting it was over...
knowing that it will pass is one of the helpful things that I have found.

Now I am learning to give in a friendship---but not all that I have, and to receive help without being a drain on a friend's resources.

Being compassionate and kind to ourselves comes into it somewhere too.

Wishing you well.
B

betterinrecovery

Postby betterinrecovery » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:18 am

Dear Chris,
message for you posted in the kitchen area and pasted here also...hope things o.k. with you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Chris,
some garden news
I am growing pumpkin in the garden.
It started off with a lot of growth and some yellow flowers. Now I have started to get some fruit, (I had to go on to YouTube to see how to pollinate the flowers and train the vines).
With luck, a following wind (and some rain), also with fertilizer and extra watering, I should have 7 large pumpkins come September.
The slugs have been at the French beans - can't win em all. Only a small garden.

wishing you well.
B

Return to “The Garden”