Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Allotment!

Being outdoors...
Lilac1

Allotment!

Postby Lilac1 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:46 pm

Hiya,

One thing that has been getting me down lately, is I've not been attending my allotment :( (I don't have green fingers as such, but it is for therapeutic purpose, each time I visit) I don't have a garden, since moving 8 months ago, so I really don't wish to let it go. But the problem with mental health..& physical, for that matter, which can worsen m.h..(catch 22)! is that I never know exactly when it's gona strike. So till approx,4 weeks ago, & after a long period of abstinence from my lotty, I was visiting at least 3-4 times a week. Other fellow lotty's were commenting on how well I was doing, and how it was taking shape. My spuds were coming on!...then, motivation went AWOL...the enjoyment vanished 'poooof'! & I've not shown my face for a month. It's on my mind daily, I really don't wana let it go :( It's quite a big plot to work. Was wondering if it would be good idea to advertise on other sites for keen gardeners?! don't have the dosh to pay them tho! I really luv my lotty, it's a haven of peace, away from hussle & bustle...it gets me down it's neglected :'( Any suggestions / thoughts?
TY!
Lilac

stressed

Re: Allotment!

Postby stressed » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:46 pm

A whole plot can be a lot to manage for one person.
Maybe you could go half and let half your plot out. I'm sure someone will be keen as there is usually a long waiting list.
Although Allotment folks can seem a bit quiet and the sort of people that like to keep themselves to themselves...most allotment folk are a friendly bunch...and I am sure others would be more than happy to help...you don't have to worry about paying them..maybe just a share of the produce.

The good thing about spuds is they will be busy growing nice and fat...all you have to do is wait and then ask if someone could give you a hand digging them up.

From first hand experience I would say that growing and harvesting carrots and potatoes is one of the most potent antidepressants known to man. :D

Lilac1

Postby Lilac1 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:45 am

Hey stressed,

Thanks for the reply!

Yes the lotty folk are a friendly bunch, the bunch I am with can be quite 'nosey' too...lol... ;)
I am 1 for keeping self to self, so I do get quite paranoid when I am there. I am sociable & will say hi. I don't like asking anyone for help, 1 of my downfalls, but that said, I plucked up the courage to ask a good friend who loves gardening, and she is more than happy to help next week...result! :)
So I guess asking is not so bad after all !
Unsure about the spuds, strawberries & garlic, as we've had no rain...feel bad for that :(
Am growing toms, cuc, & courgette at home, so will transfer to lotty..
Yup, there is defo something in the growing !
You sound like you have plenty of knowledge :)
Lilac

Nelson143

Postby Nelson143 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:21 pm

at least 3-4 times a week. Other fellow lotty's were commenting on how well I was doing, and how it was taking shape. My spuds were coming on!...then, motivation went AWOL...the enjoyment vanished 'poooof'! & I've not shown my face for a month. It's on my mind daily, I really don't wana let it go :( It's quite a big plot to work. Was wondering if it would be good idea to advertise on other sites for keen gardeners?! don't have the dosh to pay them tho! I really luv my lotty, it's a haven of peace, away from hussle & bustle...it gets me down it's neglected :'( Any suggestions / thoughts?
Get 650-568 practice exam questions - pass4sure demos for test king and passguide with 100% success wikipedia Our high quality examsheets itil University of Cambridge you well before appearing in the final exams of selftestengine HP

Return to “The Garden”