Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Cats and birds.

Being outdoors...
stressed

Re: Cats and birds.

Postby stressed » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:07 pm

Thank you so much guys! Thank you taking me seriously, for giving me constructive links and for making me smile again at the same time. :)
I think when i've got myself really down and depressed in the past it's because i've got stressed and upset and felt unable to deal with little things in the past.
You guys took me seriously, everyone else was like "Well hello! That's what cat's do!"
My cat is 10 years old, it's only when we moved a year ago...that we were lucky enough to have a lovely garden, and all the wildlife that visited it. In our last house our cats only ate the occasional spider or moth.
It's not even dealing with the mice and baby birds that is a problem, I guess it's more dealing with feeling guilty and helpless and it seems like such an inevitable waste...Once the cat has killed the prey, that's it...they just aren't interested in it.
Thanks for link for the bib, i'm going to buy one straight away. I don't think my cat will want to wear it one bit...but i'm so desperate...i'll try anything...and at least this way I'll have some fun trying.
I can't punish my cat, for doing what comes naturally...
but at least I feeling like there are at least a couple of things I can try...I keep you posted x

belle

Postby belle » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:43 pm

Yes please.
I really hope it works out for you.
Not sure the cats will be too impressed but it would suit all round.
Good luck.
xxx

Lucretia

Postby Lucretia » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:45 pm

im glad the links were helpful stressed
sending you love
and you belle
x
It's nice to be important ,but it's more important to be nice
xxxxxx

non muggle and proud

stressed

Postby stressed » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:41 pm

The Story one year on...
So I took a chance and got my cat a Bib. She wears it whilst there are young birds about. It looks like she is wearing a large blue kipper tie...some say it looks like a flip-flop. My Cat is not thrilled with it, but in our case it has been a huge success...only a couple of birds this year...compared with a whole nest being dragged in last year.
At least she has eaten the two she has killed this year.

I have seen her carry out all her other normal activities with none/or very minimal issues.
Yes she looks a bit silly and quite a few ppl have take the piss out of me for making her wear it...
and no I don't know how it works either...but it's seem to have done the trick.

It's saved my sanity that it's going to be a permanent accessory every Spring and Summer from now on.

So Big Thanks folks...gotta Brush Monkey now...because the only thing she can't do properly is groom properly under her Bib...but she loves the attention so all's good.

belle

Postby belle » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:36 pm

Hey that's great news.
Bib sounds a very normal cat!!
I hope she gives you a lot of pleasure and good company.
Xxc

billiejo

Postby billiejo » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:55 pm

It is just cats nature to act like this. I guess I would not be too worried about it because the only way you can resolve it is to keep them locked up which is not fair unless you get a big cage to put them in where they can still run in.

Return to “The Garden”