SANE Support Forum

Cooking for Comfort

For a cuppa - and a chat...
betterinrecovery

Re: Cooking for Comfort

Postby betterinrecovery » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:52 am

Don't worry Aisling,
so many pen names to remember.
Are you feeling a bit hopeful today and rested?
This is another quick visit here for me, still a bit challenged with my mental health.

I tend to panic a bit when I feel low...a bit like panicking when one is swimming out on one's depth. :idea:
But we know that when you are out of puff in deep water the best thing is to float on your back, until you get more energy or until help comes.
I interpret that as ---when in mental turmoil, do less, reserve energy...

wishing you well
B

bluebell123

Postby bluebell123 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:51 am

Thank you betterinrecovery, Aisling.

bluebell123

Postby bluebell123 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:54 pm

Phew, i've just come up from a 3 day hell of depression, a lovely carer at my supported accomodation swept in with plenty of common sense and managed to absolve me of all my guilt. I have an adult child with a disability and feel very guilty at times that i could not do more to help her, best wishes and thanks to all of you, Aisling.

betterinrecovery

Postby betterinrecovery » Thu May 02, 2019 8:18 am

Dear Aisling,
I am glad that you have a positive person around you.
I am also glad that you have come out of the deep depressions.

I hope you will be able to be kind and forgiving to yourself, my dear.
Kindness and forgiveness are very powerful..and healing, it is a skill that
we learn.
Best Wishes
B

betterinrecovery

Postby betterinrecovery » Thu May 02, 2019 8:21 am

Figs
Dear Chris and Maisi,
hello to you? are you anywhere about?
I hope you are doing o.k.

Well, I have discovered dried figs. So now having figs to snack on instead of wine gums.
I dare say they are doing me good in all sorts of ways. :lol: :roll:

Wishing you well.
B

bluebell123

Postby bluebell123 » Thu May 02, 2019 3:44 pm

Thank you for your wise words betterinrecovery. Diet i'm on is going well, lost 3 stone so far, really enjoy my food when i eat it now as not the guilt i had when i was binging. Mueller do lovely vanilla yoghurts, not the fruit corner ones, only 99 calories. Tesco had them on offer for a whille, 12 for £3.00. Individual ones are usually 68p each but often on offer at 8 for £4.00. Wishing you all well, Aisling

bluebell123

Postby bluebell123 » Sat May 04, 2019 3:13 pm

Feel so lonely at the mo, have tried posting lots on the forum, especially newbies room but everone seems busy, makes me well aware how lonely i am. Lots of newbies seem to say they have no friends but don't reply when i post to them. All very depressing, Aisling.

betterinrecovery

Postby betterinrecovery » Sun May 05, 2019 8:35 am

Dear Aisling,
first about the yoghurts---that is good information, I have a sweet tooth and I also tend to snack...not so much now-a-days, but still.
I like the low calorie hot chocolate and perhaps a small cube of good quality dark chocolate.

Re being alone and lonliness -
let me have a think.
Back later,
B

bluebell123

Postby bluebell123 » Sun May 05, 2019 10:44 am

Thank you betterinrecovery, Aisling.

betterinrecovery

Postby betterinrecovery » Mon May 06, 2019 9:34 am

Dear Aisling,
I feel that I should be writing on a thread about alone-ness and loneliness.

First, have to say that as this is an open forum, people come and go, some people get relief from just giving vent to what is on their mind and others feel very self conscious after posting and for that reason do not return. This is just how things are.

To state the obvious loneliness is not a pleasant feeling and has different meanings to different people. Some of us, like me, have linked loneliness with feelings of being unworthy...or unlikeable....this is not really true we are likeable and we are worthy, though we may not know this.
I now know that our modern word throws us into situations of isolation that have nothing to do with worthiness or fault. In years gone, we would be hard pressed to get away from our kin-folk and we might have yearned for some solitude.

I think, my step one in dealing with loneliness is to know that we are OK in ourselves
Sometimes it takes some hours work with a therapist to come to this realisation.

In the mean time, a hobby that keeps our minds very occupied helps and takes the sting out of lonliness...e.g. art, craft, gardening....something that stops us dwelling on things too much.

I hope you are doing O.k. Aisling, do try and be kind to you.

Best Wishes
B

Return to “The Kitchen”