Cooking for Comfort

For a cuppa - and a chat...
betterinrecovery

Re: Cooking for Comfort

Postby betterinrecovery » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:52 am

Dear Chris, lovely to hear from you.
I am all admiration with your weight loss. 23Lb :!:
:!: So have to pause and celebrate with you :!:
As you have been loosing weight, I have being putting weight on - its a depression and anxiety thing.

Pinch of Nom??? I have never heard of this...will have to google it. Are you sure you are not having a joke with me? :?

Thank you for the hugs. they are very much appreciated :)

B
also hello to you Maisi

Happy Easter to all

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:18 pm

Hi Chris, BIR

Hope you are both doing well.

Chris

2 stone! Wow! Go you!

BIR

You mentioned you may like to swap emails with Maisi. You are welcome to send me an email at andthistoomustpass@gmail.com and I will pass your details on. Same for you Chris. I know it takes posts away from the forum but...

betterinrecovery

Postby betterinrecovery » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:01 am

Hi Andthistoomustpass,
yes, an excellent notion. I have to create my e-mail, bear with me for a few days
Best Wishes B.

Greetings Chris, Greetings Maisi

betterinrecovery

Postby betterinrecovery » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:00 am

Dear Chris, Maisi and Anthistomust pass,
just a flying visit to here.
I need to find some 'head space' so that I can come here and have a proper visit.
Lots of mental health challenges, some quite acute, but unlike previously I seem to be rising above things.

Needless to say some people are Jerks, but Jerks have always existed there is nothing new in this,
Wishing you all well,

Watch out for storm Hannah...not another named storm. :lol:

B

bluebell123

Postby bluebell123 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:59 pm

IHi all, i live in a supported housing due to my depression an anxiety. We get our lunch cooked for us, pretty small portions but that suits me cause am on a diet. Make my own breakfast and tea in my flat. Have to be imaginative as no cooking facilities in flat. A low cal tea i enjoy is a bowl of peas or sweetcorn with bisto instant parsley sauce. Aisling.

betterinrecovery

Postby betterinrecovery » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:54 am

Hi Aisling!!
Nice to see you here in the kitchen :D :D :D
Welcome to here!

You probably have read the chats that Chris and Maisi and I have.
We have our big challenges, but we come here for nice chats and that, I think is amazing.

These ladies have really helped me, they have seen me through a year of big mental health challenges - They support people on different parts of the Forum too.
So Celebrating my friends Maisi and Chris. :!:

Then there is Andthistoomustpass who I read on other parts of the Forum ---very wise and supportive posts.

Dear Aisling - I love peas and Sweetcorn. I could eat them on their own with nothing else!
I am of African origin and we like beans and sweetcorn in a sort of tomato (like Dolmio sauce), this is rich but nutritious if you fancy a change....will try and work out the recipe for you ...it does involve some chilli, but that's optional.
I am guessing that you have a microwave in your flat.

I do not know if this is true about supported living, but I think that there is always company there should you want it. Is this true?

I am loving the idea of your new wardrobe and your new body shape - this is indeed exciting!

Welcome to here again,
B

betterinrecovery

Postby betterinrecovery » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:56 am

Dear Chris
I found the book you were talking about ---it is on a special display in Warterstones :D
hope you are well.

Greetings to Maisi and to Andthistoomustpass :D

B

betterinrecovery

Postby betterinrecovery » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:33 am

Have to go my dears, time for the London Marathon ;)
B

bluebell123

Postby bluebell123 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:09 pm

Hello everyone, thanks for menu ideas andthistoomustpass. Yes there is company in communal living room.. Only problem is no one else here has mental health problems so feel i can't talk too much to other residents as they are elderley. Frightened i will upset them and will be in trouble with the management. I ring samaritans alot as they are unshockable and have probably heard it all before. If you ring them on 116123 it is a free call. Aisling.

bluebell123

Postby bluebell123 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:11 pm

Sorry think i just got your name muddled up betterinrecovery, thanks for recipe ideas.

Return to “The Kitchen”