xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Well-done Certificate xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Maisi this is your well-done certificate for avoiding cheese
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

wishing you well B

betterinrecovery

Re: Cooking for Comfort

Postby betterinrecovery » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:58 am

the super powers of Chutney.

Miaisi, you don't need cheese to eat my chutney....it has super powers and glows in the dark :lol:
B

betterinrecovery

Postby betterinrecovery » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:01 am

Dear Chris and Maisi
I find it very hard to kick the sugar habit---when I get sad or distressed, which seems to be quite often, first port of call ...sugar.
that's how things are just now. :?
B

maisi

Postby maisi » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:04 am

If I had a jar of that, it would go on everything- does it winter proof exterior woodwork as well? I need the recipe.

Thanks for my certificate, I've framed it- nearly as good as cheese and crackers...

christabel

Postby christabel » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:09 pm

Hi to you both. :)

Well done maisi cutting out the cheese. I must admit it is one of my
Loves too. I have cut back but allow myself a little now and then.
Years ago I had a friend who when she went grocery shopping bought a big chunk of cheese off the block to give her little son to eat. He would walk round with the chunk with a bit of the wrap to hold it taking bites. Oh how I drooled. I was very envious but it wasn't too much struggle to get it off him. (I hope you realise I was kidding about the last bit)

How are you doing in general? I think we have all had a bit of a struggle lately. Have things improved any?
Has your situation improved B? How are you and daughter maisi?

I hope I am in line for a certificate if I have lost any more weight. I have been trying hard and seem to have got my head round eating properly. I am like you and run for sweet stuff at the first sign of stressful situations. Watch this space!

You two make me smile with chutneygate. Do you Think it would take the mold off my grout. It is so hard to shift.
I make a nice pasta bake with butternut squash that Tom Ketteridge demonstrated on his programme last week. Then I made a soup with the roasted squash I had left plus other stuff thrown in.
Today we have had some Brisket that I cooked slowly in the oven with vegetables and a Yorkshire pud. Meat was lovely and tender.
Do you not like meat maisi? I have often said I could easily be a vegan. How's the cooking B?

Have you noticed how much lighter it is now on an evening? Signs of things to come. I even managed to do some walking the other day.
Need to shift the weight to ease the pain in foot. Going round in circles comes to mind.
Hope things are okish with you. Look forward to hearing from you both soon. Chris

maisi

Postby maisi » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:56 pm

Hi you two,

It sounds like you're definitely in line for a certificate Chris, then I guess we'd better do B one as well, not least for the luminous chutney. Ah, gotta go my fdaughter's back, will continue later

maisi

Postby maisi » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:30 pm

When you say slow cooked, and the meat was lovely and tender, I can imagine how tasty that was, and how good the kitchen smelled, so I guess it's not that I don't like meat. I think I'm just out of the habit, but sometimes I do feel that I don't like it. It's not bad stuff- healthy, versatile, huge variety. I cooked turkey strips separately for my daughter tonight, to add to her helping of a veg stir fry. I really like veg (did I mention cheese?)

Walking's great, I hope you have some nice natural places nearby. It's a small but deep seated pleasure seeing the trees change, noticing the birds and plants. Saw a redwing on it's own the other day, they seem to visit with a cold front, but usually in gangs, it looked a bit lost.

My daughter's ok thanks for asking, she has fairly quick swings in her mood and emotional from me, right now she sounds happy as larry in her bed after we had a good evening, but i wish she was sound asleep instead. I'm ok, and sometimes not, and it's all in flux and it's just weird. I'm going to be ok, apparently.

I hope both of you are coming out of tough patches safe and strong enough- yes, definitely the evenings are lighter and the year is settling into its stride

x

betterinrecovery

Postby betterinrecovery » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:32 am

HI Chris, Hi Maisi
lovely to see you both. Really nice!!
There must be a way of using the amazingly powerful chutney for the good of man-kind....I should send a jar to Bill Gates with my compliments, he should know what to do with it...
more nice chats when I finish the application forms and updating my CV :( :?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still very challenged in the head. Have tried to reply to a few posts on the Forum. I probably need help myself :roll:
No, I actually do need help.
I have just looked at a prescription sheet and I can see meds that I refused to take put down on repeat...I swear these people are incompetent to the nth degree. :!:
Finally, will I write an official letter and make an official complaint??????? :?:
B

p.s. I am the official issuer of this months - well-done for looking after yourself certificates. They will be designed and posted just as soon as I am able

christabel

Postby christabel » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:36 pm

Hi to you both.

Awful weather here today. Definitely a winter's chill. Brrrrrr.
Due to do the bird count this weekend for the RSPB but the little tinkers have gone into hiding. The starlings were out in numbers earlier but no sign of a robin, blue tit, goldfinch or magpie.
Don't blame them though. Too windy and cold.

We live on the coast. We are in walking distance of the sea which I love. Last year was not good walking and energy wise but I am hopeful this year is going to be better. We have a nice little seafront. Seats to watch the sea and some really nice eateries. If we have good weather it is very popular but I don't mind going down on a crisp cool winters day.
We are very lucky that it is a short distance to get nice countryside. Hubby prefers the countryside. We used to love going walking in the Lake District many years ago. Too strenuous for me now. Have to stick to more level ground.

It is a good feeling having a good day and knowing people are happy and content. To find some peace even short lived can make a difference. Bolsters you for times to come. Nothing goes smoothly all the time but I guess how you react to it is what counts.

I hope you are having a decent weekend and look forward to hearing from you when you can. X Chris :)

betterinrecovery

Postby betterinrecovery » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:24 am

Dear Chris and Maisi,
first of all.....
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
This weeks
Looking after yourself award goes to
Chris
Looking after yourself by losing weight
And reducing sugar intake wrapping up warm
And eating nice meals