Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

new thread/christmas support

For a cuppa - and a chat...
Lucretia

new thread/christmas support

Postby Lucretia » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:53 pm

this is where we can all come to vent about christmas if you like,support each other with managing the festive season.
if anyone feels worried,depressed,as though they aren't coping with all the christmas cheer,anyone who posts on this thread,i promice i will you respond everytime i come on here
if i can xx
It's nice to be important ,but it's more important to be nice
xxxxxx

non muggle and proud

judithj
Location: Have you ever thought what it's like, to be wanderers in the fourth dimension?

Re: new thread/christmas support

Postby judithj » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:15 pm

good idea - there are some things i enjoy, like Christmas dinner (no sprouts or Christmas pudding though), Carol Services, chestnuts, usually the Doctor Who Christmas Special, but the pressure to spend too much money, all the ads on TV really get to me. i especially get annoyed by ads for "stocking" presents which cost more than i can afford on proper presents.
it's nice to give someone something, but things are just over the top, hugs, Judith xxx

Lucretia

Postby Lucretia » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:18 pm

i completely agree/
.im only going to be spending £10 on each person-and slightly more for my mum.
i hate sprouts too and christmas pudding.
we have syrup sponge pudding instead.
x
xxxxxx

non muggle and proud

judithj
Location: Have you ever thought what it's like, to be wanderers in the fourth dimension?

Postby judithj » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:26 pm

that's around what i aim at. my friend and her 2 teenagers will be coming over for Christmas dinner, and i hope, but don't know, that my son will be home. We all hate sprouts - so i've bought her a jigsaw with a picture of sprouts on it :lol: hugs, Judith xxx

muchlove

Postby muchlove » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:47 pm

I hate Christmas, always have, always will. It's the most lonely time of year when you're suffering. Everyone out enjoying themselves, services all shut down for 2 weeks (like we all suddenly get better over Christmas) "family" arguing, storming out, upsetting each other. I've been sobbing every Christmas for as ling as I can remember by about 3pm, last year was a record, didn't make it past 9am. I'm absolutely dreading it.
Sorry guys bah humbug!
"You may be laying in the gutter but at least you'll be looking up at the stars."

Lucretia

Postby Lucretia » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:18 pm

oh muchlove
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
it can be a extremely lonely time for some.many rows yes-and yep,they shut down the cmht sevices for well over a week.
thats why this thread is here.wil you be spending christmas day with your family?
if so,try take little breaks every 2 hours or so,because-if i was sat downstairs with my mum,sister and aunty for the entire day-i would go barmy :!:
i was watching tv last night-and advert for salvation army-showing the vunerable lonely and homeless at christmas.
when i start to get het up this year-im going to think of that,and count my very many blessings.
its a hard time for many thoug,so,i wish you luck and-will be around if you need to chat
x
xxxxxx

non muggle and proud

muchlove

Postby muchlove » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:49 pm

Christmas always throws me into crisis, every year without fail.
I will be round my parents for a few hours on Christmas day. About 4 hours is all I can manage, and there's nowhere to escape. I always leave in floods of tears. It's not fun at all. :(
X
"You may be laying in the gutter but at least you'll be looking up at the stars."

Lucretia

Postby Lucretia » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:55 pm

is there any way you could not go?im not sure if i knew going somewhere would end in my leaving in tears-id go in the first place.
maybe this year will be different-i hope so
x
xxxxxx

non muggle and proud

muchlove

Postby muchlove » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:58 pm

I don't have a choice :( I'm expected to be there

Lucretia

Postby Lucretia » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:39 pm

you are a grown woman=you have a choice.but i get how you feel as though you ought to be there
maybe stay for a very shirt time,then excuse yourself?
xx
xxxxxx

non muggle and proud

Return to “The Kitchen”