Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

So, how was your day?

For a cuppa - and a chat...
Cardiff

So, how was your day?

Postby Cardiff » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:38 pm

Making a cuppa and need a jammy dodger.
Had a rubbish day, just need a few minutes quiet and to have a little treat. Will leave the biscuits out if anyone wants one ( or two ;) )

ulysses

Re: So, how was your day?

Postby ulysses » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:50 pm

thank you Prudence, but i prefer chocolate digestives. tea it seems is suspect now as it may raise your chances of getting prostrate cancer, though not something you'll have to worry about.

i'm sorry you've had a rubbish day. mine has been better thankfully. i cycled to town, visited my late mum's cousin and did my shopping. when i got back,just after 1pm, i had my breakfast. strange, you may think, but since leaving work i've got into the habit of having breakfast later and missing out lunch. the day, which began damp and dull, turned warm and sunny, so i sat outside and read a book. sunny days are so rare that you've got to make the best of them.

hope tomorrow is better for you.
xxx
If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

Cardiff

Postby Cardiff » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:12 pm

Hi ulysses
Its so nice to be able to sit and read a book in the sun, little pleasures like that really lift you.
Will remember the choc digestives and will have a word with the men in the family, they spend all their time drinking loads of tea :o didnt know that at all.
Marmite,
I am so bad with my purse and debit card, the local community officer gave me some jingle bells to put on my purse, feel daft but I am always dropping my purse so at least now I know with the noise !

nice to talk to you both, thanks x

ulysses

Postby ulysses » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:56 pm

not bad, though pretty uneventful - but better that than being stressful. i did a three mile walk, typed an email, pruned some shrubs and read some more of my book in the sunshine in the garden. i thought i'd better make the most of it as the cold wet weather is back tomorrow.

tea may not cause prostrate cancer after all as it may just be that tea drinkers live longer and living longer makes you more liable to cancer of all forms.

Cardiff

Postby Cardiff » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:59 pm

It was such a lovely day today so I had a read in the garden too.
then I had a little nap, which doesnt sound much but I dont sleep well.

The rain is coming in a bit now ulysses, so dont get wet!
Leaving some chocolate digestives here as I know you are partial to them.
best wishes x

ulysses

Postby ulysses » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:07 pm

thanks for the biscuits prudence. what can i give you? what's your day been like? mine's not been bad despite it raining all day. i've had to exercise in the house. i've worked out that about sixty walks to and from one end of the house to the other equals one mile. i did some press ups and dips too. i'd do sit-ups but hurt my back last time i did. typed another email, applied for a job and read some more of my book. the football is on as i type this. i prefer tennis, so have Wimbledon to look forward to next week. i like this thread but unfortunately hasn't caught on with others. i remember there was a similar one, 'what are your plans for today' which ran for ages.

oobat

Postby oobat » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:57 pm

I met a good friend in town today for coffee and a chat, not seen him for several months so an hour just flew past as we sat people watching outside the cafe. Good to get out again and just "be". Love`n`Hugs, Jim.

ulysses

Postby ulysses » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:25 pm

managed to get out this morning for my walk before the rain got too heavy. this is one of the two days i get a daily paper, so reading that occupied some time. it's not been a very productive day, though. i remembered belatedly to check my answerphone and found that the DEA wants to speak to me, even though i have an appointment with him on Wednesday. he seems conscientious and a nice guy. at least it's suspposed to be dry tomorrow, what's happened to Prudence?

Cardiff

Postby Cardiff » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:51 pm

hi there all
Funny, I had just logged in and saw this. :D
Been feeling a bit quiet to be honest Ulysses. I tried to distract myself today and do a bit of baking. Now this is phenomenal in itself as I am really bad at cooking.
Found that I still am!
Inspired by everyone having a go at biscuits and flapjacks, I tried making banana muffins, recipe by the Hairy Bikers. Dont know what I did wrong , but lucky that there is a supply of chocolate digestives xx
So budge up there and I will put the kettle on.
Glad you managed to get out in all this rain, was thinking of building a boat earlier - probably would have been the same standard as my cakes though!

ulysses

Postby ulysses » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:27 pm

i'm sure you're being too modest about your culinary skills, Prudence. i can assure they're better than mine. the best i can do is fried liver and onions.

i felt terrible this morning, but perked up after my 4.5 mile walk. rewarded myself by reading my book again out in the garden in the sun.

got to phone the DEA in the morning.

Return to “The Kitchen”