Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Let's write a story together. You write a line, next person continues from where you left off & so on..

If it makes you smile...
andthistoomustpass

Re: Let's write a story together. You write a line, next person continues from where you left off & so on..

Postby andthistoomustpass » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:32 pm

Corporal Lupin suddenly realised he was a soldier not a rabbit, next he realised he had his sargeant in a bear hug and was kissing his stubbly cheek.

maisi

Re: Let's write a story together. You write a line, next person continues from where you left off & so on..

Postby maisi » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:25 pm

Also hugging, as they watched on cctv, were the team of combat veterans, psychologists, pharmacists, and the Top Brass for Peace military infiltrators, who were particularly tearful at the successful outcome of project warren. But how long could they avoid

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:26 pm

discovery. The shutters slammed down, trapping these beautiful dreamers in the bunker they created. On the screens, a face swam into focus, General Armageddon looked out at them all.
'He knows! we're dead!'; screamed the infiltrators, suddenly falling from the heights of happiness to the depths of despair.

maisi

Postby maisi » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:36 pm

Exasperated, Tolaner waved his hand to the right, and the console disappeared. "Unacceptable mistakes Kalu. You will never understand humans at this rate. How many planets do you think support sentience in that small galaxy? You. must. train. harder."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:51 pm

General Armageddon regretfully paused the DVD and turned to his audience.

'I love classic film's; announced the General; 'but I hate do-gooders!' he snarled. 'I bet you are all patting yourselves on the back, thinking you've ended war.' Armageddon snorted contemptuously. 'Have you never heard of the military-industrial complex? Have you any idea how many people would be thrown out of work, the economic depression that would follow? Not to mention the technological stagnation! End war and you end civilisation.' The general continued his lecture; ' And how many lives would be saved? How many swords will be turned I to ploughshares? None you bloody idiots! If soldiers can't fight we'll mechanise more, more missiles, more drones, autonomous tanks and remote control machine guns! War as a video game, without seeing the enemy face to face, without smelling the carnage, without the ultimate human brake on utter slaughter.

Is that the world you hippy-dippies want? Why not turn your energy to real solutions? Join me in the real world where force defends freedom!

Sarah, the de-facto leader of the bunkered brotherhood picked this moment to respond...

maisi

Postby maisi » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:00 pm

not without some sympathy 'Geddy- can I call you that?- you have described the status quo beautifully. Your logic is perfect when applied to those that control and gain most from the military industrial complex, but it is most profoundly flawed when applied to the majority. What we lack in private jets and power over the lives of nations, we have in abundance in terms of normal perspective, and sheer numbers- there are many more of us than you, so quite simply, our needs are greater, and we also have all the children and babies in the world, so that's nice too. That war drives technology is indeed true, but impending climate chaos will sadly be the new driving force very soon, so please don't worry about the advancement of the human race on that front. The solution to insufficient employment and career options for enlisters is not necessarily to encourage them to kill each other, small children and goats etc caught in the crossfire. War as a video game is a wonderful suggestion, you're really clever sometimes- have you heard of 'xbox'? Listen Geddy, we know it was awful the way your girlfriend dumped you in front of everyone and ran off with the chef...' Gen Armageddon turned his back to the screen and shot some henchmen, the new caterer, and his own cat.

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:30 pm

'NEVER MENTION CHEFS TO ME!' Thundered the general. 'Not that I am still hurting, not at all. WHO'S IN CHARGE NOW MARY JANE!'

'Ahem; sorry about that'; the general recommenced. 'Sorrrry! He shouted back to the remaining henchmen and ex-cat. 'Got a bit carried away and I hate to lose control. I MUST CONTROL EVERYTHING, ALL MUST SALUTE ME!'

A medic rushed into view and pushed a hypodermic into the general's pulsating neck veins; 'There, there, sir, soon be all better.' soothed the white coated corporal; 'Who's a diddums, Who's a diiduums!' the corporal crooned as he tickled Armageddon under the chin.

The General giggled and collapsed into unconsciousness...

maisi

Postby maisi » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:42 pm

moon banked in clouds
... a rabbit's eye
am I a rabbit? I feel a bit rabbit... NO

soft grass heads, like babies hair USELESS WEAK

ATTENTION- that felt good, no rabbits on parade, no rabbits, or lots of rabbits, training

(giggle)

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:39 am

The medic's mouth forms a perfectly round O of horror as he looks at the hypodermic and realises that, in his haste, he has injected the general, not with a sedative but with a sample of the special LSD mix from the bunker.

Armageddon steps outside his brain, into the kaleidoscope of rainbow coloured stars surrounding all. 'I like Geddy'; he thought as he fell straight down, into a communion of shining souls.

The general stared in open mouthed wonder as the boundaries of his identity blurred and evaporated. His thoughts merged with those of strangers, he felt all they ever had and knew all they had been, he became us as us became him. The underlying truth struck him with the force of joy as it bathed the one he had joined. We are all made of star stuff, different facets of the universe studying itself, hurting itself, pleasing itself as it dances in chaotic patterns across the cosmos.

As he woke Armageddon noticed it was his own voice screaming; 'I'm sorry kitty-cat, I love you, I love you all!'

maisi

Postby maisi » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:38 pm

To the forest inhabitants of western Borneo, decades later, Geddy was known as the bearded man who would often sail to the island to care for and commune with orangutans, but that's another story.

Return to “Smiley Room”