Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

HOPE THREAD

Whatever makes your day a better one...
InRainbows

Re: HOPE THREAD

Postby InRainbows » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:25 pm

Its good to share something positive. When something nice happens we often forget about it when our depression takes over, so recording it in this way may help us remember the nice little things that happen.

Yesterday my daughter and i made some yule cards,we sat painting, sticking, drawing while singing to Bob Marley songs. Our cards are drying out right now and looking lovely.

molly

Postby molly » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:48 pm

Today I cleaned my teeth, and had a shower, and put on clean clothes - a real challenge to find them! - made it out to local shop for bread cheese and milk. Result! Sooo proud of myself!!

judithj
Location: Have you ever thought what it's like, to be wanderers in the fourth dimension?

Postby judithj » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:55 pm

well done, that's great, hugs, Judith xxx

InRainbows

Postby InRainbows » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:26 pm

Iv had quite a positive week, been along to a support group at mind. I got some bargains in the sales, a jacket for my son reduced from £22 to £9 and an art book reduced from £17 to £4.99, also got myself some canvas and a new box of acrylics. Im not a lover of shopping but i quite enjoyed myself finding bargains like that.

Today i went for a walk, popped in the shop to pick up ingredients my son needs for cooking at school tomorrow. Had to get the bus back as i did feel exhausted but im pleased i dragged myself out to get what he needed.

Iv also started on a painting this week, almost done actualy. Im rather proud of it.

This is the first good week iv had in a while.

InRainbows

Postby InRainbows » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:07 pm

I got to see the counsellor yesterday, she was quite nice though i think i wasted a lot of the time sitting crying.

judithj
Location: Have you ever thought what it's like, to be wanderers in the fourth dimension?

Postby judithj » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:14 pm

crying is not a waste of time - emotions can be painful, especially if you've been suppressing them. a productive therapy session for me involves at least 3 tissues... hugs, Judith xxx

InRainbows

Postby InRainbows » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:31 pm

but there was so much i wanted to discuss, i wanted help with putting the past behind me, stop my parents voices coming back to torture me with their name calling, them telling me what i cant do in life and some of the hurtful comments from others that wont get out of my head.

It was a one off session, if i want further help i have to travel to get it, there is hardly any public transport round here it would take half the day to get to the place she recommended and i have to be back in time for my kids coming out of school, its unrealistic, i hate this place. She also offered me an evening course in anxiety management, she didnt listen, i have no family to look after the kids while i pop out to her bloomin classes at a time when buses round here stop running.

Yes she was very nice but a bit ignorant of my struggles, she has no idea what its like for me and me spending half the time sitting snozling didnt help her to understand. This is useless

judithj

Postby judithj » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:21 pm

it's difficult when you don't drive, i know. unfortunately it can be difficult to get the message through to others. is internet or phone counselling a possibility? hugs, Judith xxx

Return to “Sunshine Room”